Welcome to Tony Malaby on the web...
Jazz Times article on Tony Malaby
On Jan. 12, his 49th birthday, saxophonist Tony Malaby played an unruly set with his Tuba Trio at Winter Jazzfest in New York. Joined by Dan Peck on tuba and John Hollenbeck on drums, percussion and keyboards, Malaby burned brightly, leaning into phrases with gestures from the elbow and shoulder, wringing a twisted beauty from the tenor as held it aloft. The lusty audience response seemed to register that a hero of today's improvised music scene was on the stage.
Click here to read the full article.
Tony Malaby's Novela - Arrangements by Kris Davis
Official Released on
on Clean Feed Records
- Tony Malaby, Soprano and tenor saxophones
- Michael Attias - Alto Saxophone
- Joachim Badenhorst - Bass Clarinet
- Andrew Hadro - Baritone Saxophone
- Ralph Alessi - Trumpet
- Ben Gerstein - Trombone
- Kris Davis - Piano and Conductor
- John Hollenbeck, Drums and Percussion
Tony Malaby's Paloma Recio
at the Jazz Gallery.
Tamarindo Review from the NY TimesRead the reviews here!
Buy the CD here!